As well as the gardens opening, we will host a plant fair on the front lawn at Felley Priory, details of which can be found below.
Gates Open 11am
Gates Close 4pm
- Primrose Bank - RHS Chelsea Flower Show Gold Medal winning Nursery. Specialist grower of rare and unusual hardy perennial and woodland garden plants.
- Bridge Farm plants – we are a small nursery specialising in, well quite a variety of plants, being incurable plant addicts! We have a wide selection of rare and unusual plants including: Shade Loving / Tolerant Plants including rarely offered Pulmonarias, Brunneras, Lamiums, Epimediums, selected Hellebores, Asarums, Aconites, Acteaes, and ferns, Variegated Plants, Green flowering plants and shrubs, Large selections of Digitalis, Nepeta, Sedum, Thalictrum, Borderline Hardy / Tender perennials including Salvias, Heliotropes and Scented Geraniums. We propagate and grow most of my plants – in fact this all started as a result of our hobby and love of plants!
- Norwell Nurseries specialise in rare and unusual herbaceous perennials as well as Cottage Garden Plants, Woodland plants, shade lovers, hardy Chrysanthemums, hardy Geraniums, Hemerocallis, choice bulbs and Grasses. All are grown in our inspirational gardens which are free to look around whenever the nursery is open. We have the dispersed National collection of Hardy Chrysanthemums and hold over 140 varieties as well as the National Collection of Astrantias. The nursery website www.norwellnurseries.co.uk features 2,000 different plants for sale and these can be preordered and brought to the plant fair for payment on the day.
- Linda Scott - I have had a small independent nursery for 20 years, working from home and selling plants at plant fairs in the Midlands. I specialise in Hardy Geraniums though also sell a few other unusual and interesting perennials. I always loved gardening and growing and propagating plants. I produced far more plants than I could use and had given many away to friends and relatives who didn’t want any more, so the nursery came about as a hobby and addiction to plants that just got out of control
- Denise Green Plantazia Lincoln - I developed my plant nursery back in 2011 after realising my interest/passion in propagating plants over the years was now becoming more than a hobby. Each year since then I have attended many Specialist Plant Fairs at some wonderful locations around the country. I take a wide selection of Herbaceous Perennials , to hopefully cater for all tastes and always try to introduce some more unusual plants each year.
- Morton Nurseries - we sell choice and unusual shrubs, seasonal perennials. Nursery welcomes visitors and group visits. We were televised on gardeners world for Tatton flower show and on the nursery this year. We can also bring plant pre ordered for customers to collect from plant fair.
- At Plant Wild - husband and wife team Steven and Lindsay are passionate about growing British wildflowers. Plants are of UK native provenance and many are fantastic for attracting bees, butterflies, insects and wildlife to the garden.The range includes wildflowers for Meadows, Cottage Garden, Wetland, Woodland and Shade, which are great for garden enthusiasts, schools, landscapers, conservationists and community groups. Peatfree compost is used throughout the nursery for the plug plants and 9cm pots which are available either via mail order or at plant fairs. From 2019 Plant Wild will also be complementing their plant range with a selection of wildflower and wildlife themed gifts from specialist artists and craftsmen, including botanic art, pottery and textiles.
- Ruth Hall – we concentrate on the more rare and unusual herbaceous perennials whilst at the same time having a selection of established border favourites.We also grow a good selection of rockery plants, in addition to a rockery these compact low growing plants fit well in a trough, bowl or container of any sort. Also if you need something for the very front of the border then a rockery plant could well fit the bill and yes they are tough in spite of their diminutive size. To brighten up the garden in winter why not try some different types of snowdrops – we have bulbs of named varieties as alternatives to the common snowdrop. All these plants are hardy stock grown outside ( without the use of a poly tunnel ) the majority being sourced from our own garden just outside Church Broughton in South Derbyshire. As a contrast we also have a selection of something different – in door succulent plants suitable for window sill or conservatory – again fully tested at home. You will probably gather from this that we do not have a nursery, just a garden as full of plants as we can manage plus a greenhouse for the succulents of course.
- Stuart Kitchen - I grow a wide selection of hardy and tender perennials all propaged from my own collection built up over the last forty years
- Cotswold Garden Flowers – Diana and Bob and son Ed Brown’s renowned specialist nursery with a reputation for easy and unusual hardy herbaceous perennials and smaller shrubs. Bob is a well known speaker and garden writer as well as one of the most experienced nurserymen in country.The nursery was listed as one of Britain’s top nurseries by Sarah Raven in The Daily Telegraph. Ed Brown holds the National Collection Sambucus.
- The Herb Nursery - we are a small family run nursery which has developed on the same site for over forty years (started 1976). We specialise in Herbs, Wild flowers, Cottage garden plants and Pelargoniums which are sold direct to gardeners. Ninety-five per cent of all plants sold are grown on site.
- Don Wilton – holds the national collection of Euphorbias ,grown on his allotment in Sheffield.
- Mike Gerrard - A garden designer since 1991, Mike provides design solutions for landscapes and gardens. He locates reputable contractors, specifies and inspects construction projects, and produces planning approval drawings for developers.
- Bagthorpe green nursery- selling rare and unusual hardy perennials plus some shrubs.